Friday, June 19, 2009

On the Way to Work

So. Maybe you are wondering what Spanish punctuality looks like. Put it this way. The workday starts at 9. I get to the office at 9:05, and the cleaning lady has to let me in, because the receptionist, who is PAID to be there at 9, still hasn´t arrived yet. By 9:15, it´s just the receptionist and me, chilling. No one else there.

On that day, I was like oh, okay, everyone's having an off-day. Nope. That's basically the story of every morning.

I´m not saying the Spanish fail at being punctual. I´m saying the Spanish have a different definition of punctual. I happen to prefer their definition to the American definition, where people say to be there at 9 and they really mean show up at 8:45.

In other news, I literally saw the blind leading the semi-blind today. Some blind women was guiding this man with an eyepatch down the street while I was walking to work. I found it sort of interesting, considering Mom always says that Dad and me are the blind leading the blind. No, Mom. The example above is of the blind leading the blind, and fyi, they looked like they were getting along just fine. So ha.

Oh, and do any of you know Gaudi, the famous architect? Familiar with his famous building, La Pedrera? It´s on my way to work. No lie. I walk by it everyday to and from the office. I´m gonna get some pictures of it on Blogger one of these days. It´s just kind of funny that in the same way the Orinda Theater was on my way to school, this famous monument that people come from around the world to see is chilling on the streetcorner next to my office. Life is strange sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment